cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: Upgrading 2.1.6-dev branch
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:35:29 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I started to upgrade the 2.1.6-dev branch and I don't see the point to
>upgrade jars there. I feel myself like doing the same work again. My last
>commits were just a copy paste from the 2.2 branch:
>
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=109214252606989&w=2
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=109214290714483&w=2
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=109214378109796&w=2
>
>AFAIK, the current 2.2-dev is a bug fix + minor enhancements since 2.1.5.1
>So where is the point to update it? It really matter? Will we have a 2.1.6
>release at all?

2.2 does contain some non-trivial changes, esp. to the environment
handling IIRC. There was a discussion [1] a few days ago about the
roadmap for 2.2. I definately think there will be releases in the 2.1.x
branch (at least I hope so considering the proposed roadmap for 2.2) and
I definately think porting bugfixes, minor enhancements and jar upgrades
to 2.1.x is a valuable thing.

1. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109136664115145&w=2

--
Unico