cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate question
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 02:14:35 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Let's imagine we base cocoon on spring. There was a discussion about
> including hibernate in cocoon and it failed (licensing). Spring being
> ASL 2.0 ships with hibernate library

If it does, it means you have to agree to two licenses in order to use
Spring: ASL 2.0 and LGPL (Hibernate is LGPL, right?).

> even if not - it contains code
> that was compiled against hibernate interfaces. Wouldn't this be an issue?

It would not be an issue as long as classes compiled against Hibernate
are not included into Spring JAR which is (in this imaginary situation)
used by Cocoon.

Anything else becomes grey area, and as such, most probably should be
avoided all together.

Vadim