cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: processPipelineTo or output modules never return after XML parsing error
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:32:17 GMT
Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

>This is long, but I'd appreciate any help on a critical problem that is
>mucking up our production system.
>
>We use flow and processPipelineTo to run Schematron validation on form

<snip/>

>We're running Cocoon 2.1.4 if that makes a difference: the _validate
>pipeline used is an internal pipeline and perhaps the sitemap issue with
>error handling on internal pipelines has something to do with this?  I'm
>going to try running on Cocoon 2.1.5.1 to see if that makes a difference
>but that will take a day or so to get set up, and in the mean time we're
>having to restart production once or twice a day, though now that we
>know the cause we can slowly eliminate the invalid validation templates,
>(hopefully there aren't many...).

The implementation of processPipelineTo has been drastically simplified
after 2.1.4 and is actually not a simple call to the PipelineUtil class.

So you may try to change :
    cocoon.processPipelineTo(uri, stream);

cocoon.createObject(org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.PipelineUtil).processToStream(uri,

stream);

Hope this helps,
Sylvain