cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [roadmap] Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 20:43:31 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>>> ...and how will relative sources be resolved in an inherited view
>>> called from a VSC defined in a parent sitemap?
>>>
>>> :-D
>>>
>>> or maybe it should be :-(
>>

> If you think about it, views do not have any parameters passed to
> them. As a result, all resources which view uses are defined within
> view itself, within sitemap where is is defined, so all view resources
> must be resolved relative to the sitemap where view is defined.

Good point. That totally makes sense.

> Can we achive this (if view are made inheritable)? Can such a resolver
> be given to the view so it resolves *not* relative to the current
> sitemap, but relative to the view declaration sitemap?

The sitemap engine can add an additional transformer to the pipeline at
the beginning of view execution, that will change the environment
context when SAX events enter the part of the pipeline defined by the
view (and sends SAX events verbatim to the next component in the pipeline).

Sylvain