cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [roadmap] Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 20:33:01 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Imagine a VSC using a view is used in a sub sitemap :)
>

> Can't... Can you explain how VSC can use a view? No component
> currently is able to use a view, IIUC.

Ok, I used the wrong wording : it should be "a VSC defined in a parent
sitemap has a label that triggers a view inherited from a sitemap
ancestor of the one where the VSC is declared."

More concretely, considering the sample webapp, this can be the
"pretty-content" view defined in the root sitemap.xmap, triggered by a
virtual transformer defined in samples/sitemap.xmap having the "content"
label, itself being used by a pipeline e.g. in samples/i18n/sitemap.xmap

> Or, do you mean, VSC containing view labels? Labels are passive by
> themselves so there is no problem with that - view invoked in a
> (((...)sub)sub)sitemap currently uses labels on a component regardless
> of sitemap where labels were originally defined.
>
> And, for the record, I still think that labels within VSCs are not a
> good idea [1], in my mind VSC has semantics of a *component*, not
> semantics of a syntactic *sugar* [2].

I don't have a strong opinion about this, but tend to agree with you.

Sylvain