cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Load-testing flowscript webapps
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:32:26 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I want to do some automated load testing on a flowscript/cform
> application involving a sequence of pages. The problem is that the
> continuation IDs must be extracted from a page to be re-injected in the
> next request.
>
> Have some of you already tackled this problem?

I hear that testing tools [1] not necessarily have to record a test
script as series of URLs to playback, but have an ability to declare
links you want to follow or buttons to click based on the text of the
link or value of the button.

I think that generally this is the appropriate way to do it.

If you do not want to follow this route, you can (relatively) easily
pass continuation ID as a request parameter, as a session attribute, or
as a cookie.

Vadim

[1] SilkTest can do it, others should be able to do it too.