cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [roadmap] Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:05:42 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Imagine a VSC using a view is used in a sub sitemap :)

Can't... Can you explain how VSC can use a view? No component currently
is able to use a view, IIUC.

Or, do you mean, VSC containing view labels? Labels are passive by
themselves so there is no problem with that - view invoked in a
(((...)sub)sub)sitemap currently uses labels on a component regardless
of sitemap where labels were originally defined.

And, for the record, I still think that labels within VSCs are not a
good idea [1], in my mind VSC has semantics of a *component*, not
semantics of a syntactic *sugar* [2].

Vadim

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109025616414081
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109007624409672