cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [roadmap] Cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:56:10 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>...and how will relative sources be resolved in an inherited
>>view called from a VSC defined in a parent sitemap?
>>
>>:-D
>>
>>or maybe it should be :-(
>>

>:) ..eh.. :(
>
>I think more and more that this VSC concept is way too complex. If
>we have such a problem to find a good solution for this problem
>how will users ever understand it? Hmmm.

IMO, the only way is to have a strict approach by requiring sources to
be absolute in VSCs. That means we leave this responsibility to the
user, and he will get a nice exception with a meaningfull message if
ever he provides relative URIs to the VSC.

And if ever a sensible approach appears to resolve relative URIs, we can
then relax the constraints in a backwards compatible way.

Sylvain