cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Load-testing flowscript webapps
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:38:02 GMT
Hi all,

I want to do some automated load testing on a flowscript/cform
application involving a sequence of pages. The problem is that the
continuation IDs must be extracted from a page to be re-injected in the
next request.

Have some of you already tackled this problem?

JMeter seems to have some obscure features related to form value
extraction [1] that maybe could do the job (haven't tested it), but I
would like to have a more general solution that could work easily with
any load-testing tool.

My idea is to write a special implementation of ContinuationManager that
would produce IDs based on a counter stored in a session (meaning each
user has a different counter). That way, one can record a test scenario
using JMeter in proxy mode, and replay it with no modifications.

I also plan to write an action that sets the value of the ID counter so
that a test scenario can force continuation numbering to an initial
known value.

The drawback of this implementation compared to the current one is that
continuations become tied to the user session whereas in the current
implementation they are theoretically not session-related.
"theoretically" because in most cases there exists a global scope in the
flowscript that links a continuation to the user's session.

WDYT? Do you have other ideas?

[1]
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTML_Link_Parser