cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [roadmap] Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:20:58 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> Not sure about others, but it seems like very optimistic plan to me.
>>> I'd plan to release M1 in December (this year).
>>

>> Don't know. Depends on what people plan to do. I think we shouldn't
>> wait to long with a M1 (IMHO December is too long), independently
>> from when we plan the final release.
>

> :-)
>
> Let's rephrase: do you think that M1 should be time-driven, or feature
> driven? If it is time-driven, then yes, you don't have to wait, you
> can release right now (or whenever) whatever is in SVN ;-)

that's the question. If we don't have anything new to publish or the
repository is in an unstable state it doesn't make sense. My point is
that we should define goals in a realistic way and we should try to
reach them.

> But if it is feature driven, it depends on what features will get
> included into M1, and also on availability of committers. Given my
> perception of availability, I feel like that M1 in less than two month
> is a bit too optimistic.
>
> Either way, we can (or can try to) come up with set of milestones
> (what consitutes which milestone) and document them in roadmap.
> Something to the effect:
>
> M1:
>  - Move from ECM to Fortress

I also want to split up Cocoon as discussed by Unico and me a few weeks
ago (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109025350512527&w=2)

> M2:
>  - Virtual Sitemap Components
> M3:
>  - Inheritable Views (hmm, where this came from?)

I remember a few discussions. Maybe Carsten can help here.

> RC:
>  - Complete reference documentation
>
> And stable Cocoon Forms can be part of 2.1.7, not necessarily part of 2.2

good point

--
Reinhard