cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [roadmap] Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:10:59 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
 >>>
>>> What is a realistic date for the final release? December _this_ year?
>>> Then we could have M2 in October, RC1 by the end of November and if
>>> necessary a RC2 before the final 2.2 release.
>>>
>>> WDOT?
>>

>> Not sure about others, but it seems like very optimistic plan to me.
>> I'd plan to release M1 in December (this year).
>

> Don't know. Depends on what people plan to do. I think we shouldn't wait
> to long with a M1 (IMHO December is too long), independently from when
> we plan the final release.

:-)

Let's rephrase: do you think that M1 should be time-driven, or feature
driven? If it is time-driven, then yes, you don't have to wait, you can
release right now (or whenever) whatever is in SVN ;-)

But if it is feature driven, it depends on what features will get
included into M1, and also on availability of committers. Given my
perception of availability, I feel like that M1 in less than two month
is a bit too optimistic.

Either way, we can (or can try to) come up with set of milestones (what
consitutes which milestone) and document them in roadmap. Something to
the effect:

M1:
  - Move from ECM to Fortress
M2:
  - Virtual Sitemap Components
M3:
  - Inheritable Views (hmm, where this came from?)
RC:
  - Complete reference documentation

And stable Cocoon Forms can be part of 2.1.7, not necessarily part of 2.2

Vadim