cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [roadmap] Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 07:08:56 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>>After agreeing on the things that we want to become part of
>>Cocoon 2.2, we should define milestones so that our users
>>have an idea where we want to go and when we think we will arive.
>>
>>Thoughts?
>>

>We have started to discuss the roadmap for 2.2 some time ago and
>the starting point is in this document:
>
>/cocoon/src/documentation/xdocs/plan/roadmap.xml
>
>Carsten

Thank you.
The document doesn't contain a scheduled release date for M1. I know
it's difficult to say when which parts will be ready. But if we
committers say which parts we are working on and when things will be
ready we get a sense for a timeline.

I think we should release M1 by the end of September. I plan to propose
and to do the splitting up of Cocoon into smaller pieces by then.
What do other people plan?

What is a realistic date for the final release? December _this_ year?
Then we could have M2 in October, RC1 by the end of November and if
necessary a RC2 before the final 2.2 release.

WDOT?

--
Reinhard