cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Nesting/Aggregating generator...
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:58:40 GMT
Heya folks...

I just finished writing a -some-sort-of- FileGenerator + CInclude
aggregator, all in one, with caching support...

My problem lies in the fact that we have some files which gets
transformed to generate some CInclude tags, that include content, and
blablabla...

Problem is that I can't cache the output of this thing, as CInclude
doesn't do that "nicely" (it doesn't have all the variables, as it
doesn't know whether its input has changed or not).

Basically what I done is that I took the two, and merged them
together...

A generator always knows its input (its a file) and can verify whether
it's valid, if it is, then the "<include src=...>" declaration in there
will not be changed, so it can also verify whether its included files
are valid or not...

And so on recursively...

Basically, it's a <map:aggregate> but the aggregation is driven by
what's in the source (and recursively, in all sources so included).

Is there any interest in this? Shall I add?

Can be handy...

	Pier