cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Subversion really slow
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:00:59 GMT
Ugo Cei dijo:
> Il giorno 12/ago/04, alle 15:42, Unico Hommes ha scritto:
>
>> My experience with subversion since we switched is that the cocoon
>> repository is painfully slow at least using subclipse. I haven't much
>> previous experience with subversion but I was under the impression
>> that it should be more performant then CVS? So, I am wondering whether
>> this is a problem with subclipse, the apache svn repository or
>> subversion itself. I also noticed that cvs web subversion browsing is
>> equally slow.
>>
>> Even worse, on my computer at home I haven't been able to checkout
>> Cocoon at all because it keeps craching my computer. Both using the
>> command line client and subclipse. Anybody have similar experience
>> and/or advice?
>>
>> --
>> Unico
>>

> On OS X Panther:
>
> $ time svn update
> At revision 36287.
>
> real    1m6.448s
> user    0m2.010s
> sys     0m4.010s

Here are the results of the lastest update I did (Fedora Core 2):

$ time svn up
U  status.xml
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/FOM_WebContinuation.java
U  src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/ContinuationsManagerImpl.java
U  src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/CIncludeTransformer.java
U  src/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/log/Log4JConfigurator.java
Updated to revision 36308.

real    0m20.730s
user    0m0.995s
sys     0m0.475s