cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion really slow
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:50:42 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Unico Hommes wrote:

> Well at least my applications don't freeze up and I can do other things in
> the meantime. But to give an impression to others of how serious this is on
> Windows platform, the first mail I sent was just after I started
> 'synchronize' in subclipse: it is still running .. I know this is probably in
> vain but I'd almost suggest infrastructure install 1.1 RC2 now which was
> released yesterday. This is impairing developement to the point that
> subversion in its current state is close to unusable for windows users.

Can you pinpoint what the problem is? Network IO, CPU, other? I use SVN over a modem on W2K,
and although I don't checkout Cocoon, I do checkout some largish things. I've had all sorts
of pain with  Subclipse (especialyl when refactoring in Eclipse) but even that has reached
a point I can tolerate it. Basically, I don't see the problems you are seeing. Something oddly
non-SVN has to be happening, this isn't SVN as normal.

Do you use HTTPS to get the data? Have you run SVN from the commandline and (manually) accepted
the fact that the ASF cert isn't quite right (I forget the message)?

BTW: What Eclipse are you using?

regards

Adam