cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject Can Readers cache?
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:09:27 GMT
I've got a situation where I'd like to cache the output of a reader
(it's producing CSS).  I have a reader that extends one of our classes
defined as follows:

	public abstract class AbstractCtReader extends AbstractReader
implements CacheableProcessingComponent {

This class includes:

    public abstract getKey();

    public abstract SourceValidity getValidity();

The reader in question then has:

	public class StyleSheetReader extends AbstractCtReader {

    public getKey() {
        keyValue = "styleData_" + this.getServiceId() +
                    "-" + this.outData.getTemplateData().getScreenId();
        return keyValue;

    public SourceValidity getValidity() {
        if (keyValue != null) {
            return new CtSourceValidity(keyValue);
        return null;

Debugging reveals that the getKey and getValidity methods are not ever

This is on Cocoon 2.1.4

Peter Hunsberger

View raw message