cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: Unable to find component for hint
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:55:25 GMT
Hunsberger, Peter

> Hunsberger, Peter writes:
> > Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> asks:
> >
> > <snip>original problem description</snip>

> > > contains the

> > > transformers:

> > > Hmm... what if you name the role of the new component
> > >
> > "org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/wrappedSaxon7", and use
> > > <xslt-processor-role>wrappedSaxon7</xslt-processor-role> ?
> > >

> > Assuming that you mean to use
> > "org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/wrappedSaxon7"
> > in the xconf
> > and <xslt-processor-role>wrappedSaxon7</xslt-processor-role> in the

> > sitemap, that doesn't help. I get the exact same error :-(
> >

> Correction.  If I use
> org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/wrappedSaxon7 in
> the xconf but keep the class pointing to my class then the
> org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor class is invoked
> (the component is  found).  Thus, two strange things: the
> class specification in the xconf is ignored, and class lookup
> must have some Cocoon compile time dependency (which makes no sense)?

Traced this through org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer and
found that it in fact sets my class (XSLTProcessorWrapper) for the
xsltProcessor.  However, my class is subsequently not invoked. I believe
there are two possibilities:

1) This has something to do with the tree processor and a hard coded
assumption about the xslt processor somewhere;
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl is always invoked no
matter what is specified in the cocoon.xconf.

2) The xslt processor is actually not used and the transformer factory
and whatever transformer it sites out is actually invoked to run the
transformation directly.

Does anyone know how this actually works?