cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: processPipelineTo or output modules never return after XML parsing error
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:35:54 GMT
Andrew Thornton <andrew@caret.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> the _validate
>                           ^^^^^
>
> I have found that there is a bug in the caching of 2.1.4 such that
> sometimes when an exception is thrown during SAX processing,
> the cache
> validity for that 'broken' pipeline is always true.
>
> I believe this is fixed in 2.1.5 due to the change of store provider.
>
> (BTW There is a simple way to check if this is the same bug,
> make your
> pipelines non-caching.)

Thanks Andrew.  Unfortunately that didn't make a difference either.

I've determined that one of the symptoms is that the xmodule call always
sees a null source after the pipeline blows up, IOW Cocoon always
returns a null result from the pipeline (or maybe there is something in
the mapping of the pipeline output to the source, though that looks more
or less trivial).  I'm trying to work my way through the appropriate
avalon.excalibur components to see if I can determine where they stop
working....