cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: processPipelineTo or output modules never return after XML parsing error
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:56:39 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> writes:

> Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

<snip/>

> >We're running Cocoon 2.1.4 if that makes a difference: the _validate
> >pipeline used is an internal pipeline and perhaps the sitemap issue
> >with error handling on internal pipelines has something to do with
> >this?  I'm going to try running on Cocoon 2.1.5.1 to see if
> that makes
> >a difference but that will take a day or so to get set up,
> and in the
> >mean time we're having to restart production once or twice a day,
> >though now that we know the cause we can slowly eliminate
> the invalid
> >validation templates, (hopefully there aren't many...).
>
> The implementation of processPipelineTo has been drastically
> simplified
> after 2.1.4 and is actually not a simple call to the
> PipelineUtil class.
>
> So you may try to change :
>     cocoon.processPipelineTo(uri, stream);
>
> cocoon.createObject(org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.Pip
> elineUtil).processToStream(uri,
> stream);

I figured out that you meant now :-).  However, with 2.1.4 using

        cocoon.createObject(

Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.PipelineUtil
	 		).processToStream( sourceURI, {}, output );

doesn't help.  (There is no 2 argument version of this method in 2.1.4.)
The error is no longer a transformer exception, it's now

org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException:  Exception during
processing of cocoon://run/_validate/xxxxxxx

I don't think that really helps me, (though it's a little clear what's
going wrong)...

I have determined that it's likely not an internal/external pipeline
issue since moving the pipeline to external visibility doesn't change
the nature of the problem any.  However, it sounds like there may still
be some reason to try 2.1.5.1 ?