cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: processPipelineTo or output modules never return after XML parsing error
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:56:39 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <> writes:

> Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

> >We're running Cocoon 2.1.4 if that makes a difference: the _validate
> >pipeline used is an internal pipeline and perhaps the sitemap issue
> >with error handling on internal pipelines has something to do with
> >this?  I'm going to try running on Cocoon to see if
> that makes
> >a difference but that will take a day or so to get set up,
> and in the
> >mean time we're having to restart production once or twice a day,
> >though now that we know the cause we can slowly eliminate
> the invalid
> >validation templates, (hopefully there aren't many...).
> The implementation of processPipelineTo has been drastically
> simplified
> after 2.1.4 and is actually not a simple call to the
> PipelineUtil class.
> So you may try to change :
>     cocoon.processPipelineTo(uri, stream);
> cocoon.createObject(org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.util.Pip
> elineUtil).processToStream(uri,
> stream);

I figured out that you meant now :-).  However, with 2.1.4 using

	 		).processToStream( sourceURI, {}, output );

doesn't help.  (There is no 2 argument version of this method in 2.1.4.)
The error is no longer a transformer exception, it's now

org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException:  Exception during
processing of cocoon://run/_validate/xxxxxxx

I don't think that really helps me, (though it's a little clear what's
going wrong)...

I have determined that it's likely not an internal/external pipeline
issue since moving the pipeline to external visibility doesn't change
the nature of the problem any.  However, it sounds like there may still
be some reason to try ?

View raw message