cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: [CForms] <form enctype>
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:39:11 GMT
Bruno Dumon <bruno@outerthought.org> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 19:04, Mark Lundquist wrote:
> > Dear Coonsters...
> >
> > I added this to my forms-field-styling.xsl in the template for
> > <fi:form-template>:
> >
> > 	      <xsl:if test="descendant::node()/fi:upload">
> >          		<xsl:attribute
> > name="enctype">multipart/form-data</xsl:attribute>
> >        	      </xsl:if>
> >
> > Good idea, or bad?
>
> I'm not very fond of it, since this needs to scan the whole
> tree below the form-template, which might be large (if it
> contains lots of widgets or large selection lists), combined
> with the fact that most forms don't use uploads anyway. Just
> IMHO of course.

I suppose it may depend on the XSLT processor, but if you didn't have to
use the descendant axes this could be ok.  Not knowing the structure of
the Cforms templates I don't know if you can avoid descendant, but if it
maps to a regular XHTML form then shouldn't the fi:upload element always
be a fixed number of steps away from the context of this test? IE;
allowing for some kind of grouping a test like:

	test="./fi:upload or ./group/fi:upload"

would avoid scanning the whole tree (and in particular the contents of
things like lists)...