cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@STJUDE.ORG>
Subject RE: Unable to find component for hint
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:16:05 GMT
Hunsberger, Peter writes:
> Sylvain Wallez <sylvain@apache.org> asks:
>
> <snip>original problem description</snip>
>
> > >I went as far as adding my wrapper class to the jar that
> > contains the
> > >base XSLTProcessor but no matter what I do Cocoon gives:
> > >
> > >org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Lookup of transformer
> > >'xslt-wrappedSaxon7' failed at file:/zzzz/sitemap.xmap:769:100:
> > >org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
> > transformers:
> > >ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint
> > >[xslt-wrappedSaxon7] (key [xslt-wrappedSaxon7])
> > >
> > >Anyone know what I'm missing?
> > >

> > Hmm... what if you name the role of the new component
> >
> "org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/wrappedSaxon7", and use
> > <xslt-processor-role>wrappedSaxon7</xslt-processor-role> ?
> >

> Assuming that you mean to use
> "org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/wrappedSaxon7"
> in the xconf
> and <xslt-processor-role>wrappedSaxon7</xslt-processor-role> in the
> sitemap, that doesn't help. I get the exact same error :-(

Correction.  If I use
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/wrappedSaxon7 in the xconf
but keep the class pointing to my class then the
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor class is invoked (the
component is  found).  Thus, two strange things: the class specification
in the xconf is ignored, and class lookup must have some Cocoon compile
time dependency (which makes no sense)?