cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/acting HttpCacheAction.java
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:23:35 GMT
On 30 Jun 2004, at 17:46, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2004, at 6:38 PM, pier@apache.org wrote:
>
>> pier        2004/06/30 09:38:41
>>
>>   Added:       src/java/org/apache/cocoon/acting HttpCacheAction.java
>>   Log:
>>   Added simple action generating HTTP caching headers to be used in
>> conjunction with mod_proxy
>
> You really don't like the pipeline's expires configuration, don't you?
> :)

I finally got around replying to this...

No, I don't like both of them (the action AND the pipeline)...

As you know our sitemap is _HUGE_, and every single group of request
has a different TTL. Now, if I were to use different pipelines
configured differently, I'd have to duplicate my error handlers at
least 6/7 times... Not very handy...

On the other hand, having this as an "action" doesn't really make sense
(oh, well, I don't like actions, let's not get started).

What this action does, in my very humble opinion, should be implemented
by the different serializers, maybe in the Abstract one?

Thoughts?

	Pier