cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problems trying to implement a SourceFactory
Date Sun, 18 Jul 2004 04:43:52 GMT

    Ralph> I did some searching. CloningInheritableThreadLocal does
    Ralph> exist as a private class in CocoonComponentManager.  What
    Ralph> this has to do with what you are doing, I have no idea.

Hm. Maybe there's more than one. Anyway, it doesn't appear to be that
one.

Looking carefully at the stack trace again:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cocoon/environment/internal/CloningInheritableThreadLocal
        at org.apache.cocoon.components.source.CocoonSourceResolver.resolveURI(CocoonSourceResolver.java:53)

Line 53 reads: (this is from CVS head, last updated here a few days ago)

            final Processor processor =  EnvironmentHelper.getCurrentProcessor();

There is no call to getCurrentProcessor() in the stack trace.
This, I think is because EnvironmentHelper contains:

    /** The environment information */
    static protected final InheritableThreadLocal environmentStack =   new CloningInheritableThreadLocal();

which gets called first.

Now CloningInheritableThreadLocal is indeed a local class within
EnvironmentHelper. No constructors are defined.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)

Why the Loader can't find this class, I don't know (I know very little
about Java, and nothing about reflection).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire