cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: current sitemap directory path
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:54:38 GMT

    Carsten> Colin Paul Adams wrote:
    >>  But this is only a solution when a Source object is what you
    >> want.  This is not the case for me. I need this information
    >> from WITHIN a Source object, as I need to pass an absolute
    >> directory path to a Berkeley DB XML API.
    >>
    >> I tried using context.getRealPath ( request.getSitemapPath ()
    >> ), but this does not give the correct answer when the sitemap
    >> concerned is mount from the mount table (and thus is not within
    >> the cocoon build/webapp directory.  So how do I go about it?

    Carsten> Ok, then you can lookup the SourceResolver in your
    Carsten> SourceFactory, pass the resolver to your Source object,
    Carsten> resolve your path in the Source object and get the
    Carsten> absolute path from Source object.

I'm having problems with this approach.

I am getting:

Initialization Problem

Message: Could not find component (key [org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver]) (Key='org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver')

(key [org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver]) (Key='org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver')

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

org.apache.avalon.framework.context.ContextException: Unable to locate object-model (No environment
available)

as soon as I attempt to access any cocoon uri.

I tried instead to pass the service manager to the Source, so it could
fetch the source resolver, and then release it, but this makes no
difference.
I added an implementation for Servicable to my SourceFactory, in order
to get the ServiceManager (so as to get the SourceResolver). Is there
anything else I need to do?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire