cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject CForms - strict DTD and xhtml
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 08:32:56 GMT

    >> ones (like using transitional DTD rather than CSS - the latter
    >> approach makes styling customization easier).

    Joerg> You are really nagging on this issue, aren't you? ;-)
    Joerg> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=108862151322458&w=4

Drip. Drip. Drip.
Look - a hollow's appeared in that stone! (no hole yet, though)

I checked out all the samples - since everyone of them is using the
Transitional DTD, that's not much of a test for your claim to
adherence to the strict DTD. Inspecting the source code by hand
suggests it might well be a valid claim.

I think that today i will probably change my own template to use the
4.01 strict DTD, to further check the validation issues, and also so
that I can progress with my application.

There are one or two of the samples do not completely validate (ignoring
the xmlns:fi issue), and the forms-gui one is nothing like (but I
think you are already well aware of that).

Have you looked at all the additional comments I made to bug #29854
yesterday? I surmise that this xmlns:fi issue is probably the same
bug (or at least, closely related to it - in any case it is produced
by the FormsTransformer).

Visual inspection also shows one other thing that would be a problem
for xhtml validation, and that is method="POST" rather than
method="post".

Since HTML is case-insensitive, changing this to "post" will work for
both.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire