cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] The API for the request object
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:28:56 GMT

    >> I think those listeners are not only for flowscript, but more
    >> generic approach. Btw, sendPageAndWait also has a provision for
    >> clean up function. Problem is it does not work each time [1].

    Sylvain> Yep. We could reimplement this feature with sitemap
    Sylvain> listeners, therefore solving this predictability problem.

I've just read this thread, because I have been trying to work out how
to implement pessimistic locking within cocoon.
A problem is how to close a database transaction if the user simply
walks away from the computer for a few hours, in the middle of a
transaction.
Session timeout will close the session, but a session listener is
needed to then go and rollback the database transaction (or any other
such resources held).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire