cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Problems trying to implement a SourceFactory
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:59:59 GMT
I have written a Source and a SourceFactory for Berkeley DB XML.

My source factory implements org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceFactory
(just like PartSourceFactory does, so I assumed it would be OK).
And I added the following line to cocoon.xconf:

    <component-instance
    class="org.apache.cocoon.source.impl.BerkeleyDBXMLSourceFactory"
    name="bdbxml"/>

However, as soon as I try to access Cocoon, I get:

Initialization Problem

Message: Could not find component (key [org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver])

(key [org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver])

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.source.impl.BerkeleyDBXMLSourceFactory

request-uri

/

full exception chain stacktrace

Original Exception: org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Could not access
the Component (key [org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceFactorySelector]) (Key='org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceFactorySelector')
	at org.apache.avalon.framework.service.WrapperServiceManager.lookup(WrapperServiceManager.java:119)

What step have I missed out?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire