cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Request headers
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 05:27:37 GMT
(switching to the developers list)

>>>>> "Ralph" == Ralph Goers <Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> writes:

    Ralph> What about the HeaderSelector?

Yes.
I couldn't find it at first, as it is not listed in the navigation
pane of the selectors page of the user manual.

But it appears not to be exactly what I want.
Looking at the source code, it implements Selector.

But I want to be able to select whether or not the "Accept" header
contains the string "application/xhtml+xml" (so as to be able to do
some limited content negotiation).

So I think I need a version of header selector that implements
NamedPatternsSelector, or AbstractRegexpSelector.

I think I could easily implement such a selector. I could call it
ContentTypeSelector, specifically matching on the "Accept" header, but
perhaps something more general might be useful. What do people think?
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire