cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:59:56 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 30/lug/04, alle 00:24, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:
>
>> Don't take all this badly Ugo: I see much more dangers in turning the
>> sitemap into a scripting language than the advantages brought by
>> saving a few keystokes or the ease of implementation. But I'm all for
>> a simplified implementation of the current syntax.

One thing I *hate* about flowscript is that it's in a different file
from the sitemap. Kinda like writing a java class with methods in one
file and fields in another.

Having both in the same file, even if with a different language but
still with a readable format (like python), would be really cool.

cocoon<<<

   version = 2

   sitemap--->

     mypipeline
       if (request.match(".*\.html")) then
         generate("input.xml")
         transform("xslt", "stylesheet1.xsl")
         transform("xslt", "stylesheet2.xsl")
         serialize("xml")

   <---

   javascript--->

     void myfunction(continuation,javascript){
        blah...blah...
        (can call "mypipeline" pipeline from here)
        (can call "mypipeline2" pipeline from here)
     }

   <---

   sitemap--->

     mypipeline2
       if (request.match(".*\.html")) then
         generate("input.xml")
         transform("xslt", "stylesheet1.xsl")
         transform("xslt", "stylesheet2.xsl")
         serialize("xml")

   <---

   jtyhon--->
     myfunction(continuation)
        blah...blah...
        (can call "mypipeline" pipeline from here)
        (can call "mypipeline2" pipeline from here)
   <---

> So I needed something that could enable me to reach very
> rapidly the target of having an actual program that would be able to
> take an HTTP request, feed it to a sitemap that is (semantically if not
> syntactically) equivalent to a subset of the Cocoon sitemap and send out
> an appropriate response.

One attempt is the CocoonBean, that has tried to do this by wrapping
instead of redoing. Same problem, different implementation. Personally i
think that it's wierd to have a bean wrap a component wrap some classes,
although necessary not to redo things (like you are doing :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -