cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject getting at the defaultsmodule in 2.1.x
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:50:29 GMT
Hi,

I am currently porting my app from 2.0.x to 2.1.x.

In components i used to do
        ComponentSelector selector =
             (ComponentSelector)serviceManager.lookup(
                 InputModule.ROLE + "Selector");
         InputModule inputModule = (InputModule)selector.select(module);

to retrieve values set in the defaultsmetamodule.

Now in 2.1.x this does not work anymore, more specifically the
componentselector is not returned anymore by the servicemanager.

After a bit of introspection i changed it to
         WrapperServiceSelector selector =
		(WrapperServiceSelector) serviceManager.lookup(
			InputModule.ROLE + "Selector");
         InputModule inputModule = (InputModule) selector.select(module);

Is this the standard way ? I am getting the desired results, just
wondering if i'm not relying anything i'm not supposed to rely on :)

Kind Regards
Jorg Heymans