cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: JCS logging
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:42:14 GMT
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Upayavira wrote:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
> > Upayavira wrote:
> >
> >>The CLI way would be to add a property tag into the cli.xconf. Now, this
> >>would be a pretty trivial fix to one Cocoon class. Is this what would be
> >>needed?
> >>

> >Sounds like it to me.  Can we try it?
> >

> Don't have time to do _any_ testing on this (shouldn't really have been
> doing this little bit). Here's a patch for
> o.a.c.bean.helpers.BeanConfigurator.
>
> Try this. This should mean that you can put <system-property name="blah"
> value="diblah"/> into cli.xconf. If it works, either commit it if you
> can, or tell me and I will.
>
> (watch out for the email wrapped line!)
>
> Regards, Upayavira

I tried it, but we're using 2.1.5 and are close to making a release, so I
didn't want to go through the trouble of updating everything to use the
latest Cocoon.  So I was going to apply your patch to 2.1.5, but then I
realized I can just add
-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogKitLogger
when launching the JVM.

So, thanks for the patch, but I don't think it's needed.  Using a
commandline parameter works without having to update or modify Cocoon.

And I updated the JCSLogging page on the wiki.

Thanks, guys!

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal