cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [RT] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 07:29:18 GMT
I want to start the implementation of the virtual sitemap components
in the next weeks; but before, we should discuss how they will look like :)

The first point - and imho most important point is, of which components
a virtual sitemap component (VSC) can be assembled.
My understand is that a VSC is either:
- a generator followed by one or more transformers
- a set of transformers
- a set of transformers followed by a serializer
Thus, the VSC acts like a generator, a transformer or a serializer.

There were some mentions in the past, that a VSC can contain any sitemap
component, so even actions, matchers and selectors are allowed in
the definition of the VSC.

So, first question is: do we want this?

(I would say: no)

Carsten