cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] The API for the request object
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 06:13:17 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> >Yes, something like that. I would like to have some dynamics
> in the listener concept, so I can add at run time a listener.
> This would solve the problem as well.
> >

> What do you mean by "dynamics"? Isn't it dynamic enough if
> any component in the processing chain can register a listener?

I want to have an approach where I don't need to define every
listener before I startup Cocoon, like configuring it in
the cocoon.xconf or the sitemap. Any component should be able
at runtime to register a listener.
Dumb example: if e.g. a profiler is started it registers itself
at runtime as a listener and can then produce profiling information etc.

So, actually I want to have both: "static" configuration of listeners
in xconf and dynamic at runtime.

Carsten