cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Releasing 2.1.5.1
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 11:00:21 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> A typical scenario is that the release manager uploads the
> tarballs along with the checksums on his private web space at
> Apache, and that a vote is done on those after - let's say -
> 72 hours. If the vote is ok then the release manager can
> simply move the files in the dist section.

Yes, I'm fine with this - as long as we don't checkin anything
between the tarball has been created and the release takes place.

> > My naiv understanding was that we all test the tarballs during our
> > code freeze, so actually I thought we vote on a "virtual tarball"
> > so to speak.
>
> Going 'real' instead of 'virtual' could help us not repeat
> the same mistake we have done now. It makes it possible to
> have the actual tarball be reviewed by all that want to (and
> that should if they vote IMHO).

At least we have the hope that this will help avoiding such problems.
To be honest, I suspect that even if we had a tarball before, noone
would have noticed the missing files. See how long it took until
someone found out!

Anyways: plus +1 - let's give it a try starting with 2.1.6

Carsten