cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Clean up exception not throwed in some methods over the code.
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:15:07 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo dijo:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I also have another question. We have some exceptions that are not
> > being throw at all, but the method declare it. Sample at line 76:
>
> Filling the missing link :(
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/xsp/ja
> va/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/Logicsheet.jav
> a?annotate=1.3
> >
> > The constructor does not throw any of the declared Exceptions.
> >
> > Can we clean up this code? There are cca 150 similar places
> over the code.

In general I'm +1 for such changes, but unfortunately these are incompatible
changes! For example, if a client has a try/catch clause for such
an exception and you remove it from the list, then the client code
is not compilable anymore as the exception is not thrown inside
the block anymore.
So, I would say, let's leave them there (but I'm not opposed to remove them
:) ).

Carsten