cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:15:26 GMT
First, thanks Ugo for comming up with fresh ideas!
Personally, I'm happy with our XML based version of the sitemap,
but who knows, perhaps there are nicer ways of describing the
sitemap than XML?

I think this discussion is moving in the wrong direction. There
are pro and cons for an XML based sitemap and it might be that it's
possible to come up with a better solution. But finding this solution
should not be driven by technical details.
If we want a different syntax, then let's first think about how this
syntax should look like (in order to be easier to understand, faster
to code etc). Then - after we found a good syntax - let's think about
how to implement it.
But let not implementation details (or technics) drive the syntax.
It is more important to have a good sitemap language than to have
a clean and small implementation.

Carsten