cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Sitemap versionning in TreeProcessor?
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:41:48 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Well, it would have been easy for us to allow it, simply by
> defining builtin default values for <map:pipes>. I can't
> remember of any other needed modifications.

We removed/deprecated a redirect to resources I think as well.

> <SNIP>
>
> Okay. So we should decide on how the versioning is to be
> defined. Should it be a new namespace URI or an @version
> attribute as in XSL?
>
> I like @version more, but the namespace URI already contains
> a version number...

I always thought that is what namespaces (containing a version
number) are for. I'm not an expert but I think checking the
sitemap for validity using different namespaces is easer than
using a version attribute.
So this in combination with the fact that we already have
the version number in the namespace: +1 for namespaces :)

> >Great! So we have the behaviour back we had with our XSLT sitemap
> >implementation :)
> >

> XSLT? Do you mean the compiled sitemap engine or Unico's
> version that flattens the tree?

The compiled one (using XSLT to transform the sitemap into Java).
But in fact it's not that important.

> Ok. So I'll continue that way, which means removing your
> configuration
> merging stuff in favor of separate config files. Note that
> the size of
> these files has been largely reduced since they no more contain role
> definitions.

Go ahead.

Carsten