cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:11:50 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 28/lug/04, alle 14:15, Carsten Ziegeler ha scritto:
>
> > But let not implementation details (or technics) drive the syntax.
> > It is more important to have a good sitemap language than to have a
> > clean and small implementation.
>
> I beg to disagree. I'm perfectly comfortable with the current
> sitemap syntax (snide comments about "pointy brackets" aside)
> and I don't think Cocoon users (i.e. people who should know
> XML well) should be scared by it.
>
> It's the implementation that is bugging me: 74 classes are
> not a small package. Can we do it with less? I hope so.

Hehe, but you suggested both: a new implementation and a new syntax, or?

As I tried to express: I don't care about the implementation (as long
as it works) - we could even do an implementation in C# or whatever.

But I care about the sitemap language.

So, if it is possible to make a clean implementation with Groovy,
yeah, let's do it; but don't change the sitemap language at the
same time. These are two different concerns.

Carsten