cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/webapp/WEB-INF cocoon.xconf
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:17:04 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> cziegeler@apache.org wrote:
>
> >cziegeler    2004/07/22 23:56:37
> >
> >  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input
> >                        RequestAttributeModule.java
> >               src/webapp/WEB-INF cocoon.xconf
> >  Added:       src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input
> >                        RequestScopedAttributeModule.java
> >  Log:
> >  Module to get scoped attributes
> >

> [There are no sample ;-) so] Can it be extension to the
> RequestAttributeModule, instead of whole additional module
> (with long name ;-) )?

Sure, it could, but I didn't want to break compatibility. With the
scoped module you have to define somehow the scope (global or request).
We could check for the prefix 'global:' or 'request:' (or something
similar), but this works only unless you have attribute names
that start with this prefix.

Carsten