cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Arnab Sengupta <arnab...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Why Cocoon Stops processing all Requests URI the moment one of them has an exception;CInclude
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:00:08 GMT
Hi All,

I have a Cocoon pipeline that takes a huge xml as input. The stucture of
xml is:

<Root>
<Message>
<!--- Other elements inside it -->
</Message>
<Message>
<!--- Other elements inside it -->
</Message>
<Message>
<!--- Other elements inside it -->
</Message>
</Root>

Now I have an xsltc transformer taking an xsl, internally calls same
cocoon URI, based on occurance of "<Message>" tag.

<xsl:foreach select="Message>
            <xsl:variable name="messageURL">
cocoon://labData?messageNo=<xsl:value-of select="position()"/>
</xsl:variable>
            <cinclude:include ignoreErrors="true" src="{$messageURL}" />

</xsl:foreach>

Now when any one of these URI's fired through CInclude gets an exception,
other URI's are never processed at all. I mean i am not very sure whether
other URI's gets fired or they are aborted. Can someone please tell me
what will happen, if URI fired by the occurance of 2nd <Message> gets an
exception. Will the URI for 3rd Message be fired at all? Or if fired it
will be aborted in middle..?

Also can anyone tell me whether CInclude waits for response of the URL
fired by it to return an xml ?

Thanks And Best Regards,

Arnab Sengupta
IBM Global Services
Plot X1-7, Block - EP/GP, Saltlake
Kolkata - 700 091
Telephone: +91 33 23579110 extn 3460(office)
Email: arnabsen@in.ibm.com