cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Virtual Sitemap Components
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:47:16 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> So the question is: is it necessary to expose VPCs as regular
> components. Furthermore, although possible, is it "legal" to
> lookup sitemap components from somewhere else than in the
> sitemap engine?

I would say, yes. It is possible now and it sometimes makes sense,
e.g. if you either want to reuse to components (serializing
events to a string) or if you want to build dynamic pipelines (scary,
I know).
As VPC are pipeline components and are treated from the usage point of
view in the same manner as "usual" components are, it should be
possible to look them up and use them.

Carsten