cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Releasing 2.1.5.1
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 10:38:15 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > I'm planning to release 2.1.5.1 (2.1.5 + the two missing files)
> > tomorrow morning if noone objects.
> >
> > I will create a branch in CVS from 2.1.5, change the build script
> > accordingly and do the usual release process (without testing :) )
> >
> > I hope this is ok with everybody?
>
> We should start of taking the habit of voting the release of
> the actual tarballs.

Ok, I'm not against it, but I think it's not necessary of 2.1.5.1
as it's really 2.1.5 plus the two files - but we can do it there
as well.

Now, how do we want to do this practically. Imho this would require
that we build the tarballs and give people time to test them (some
days) so they can really vote on them.

My naiv understanding was that we all test the tarballs during our
code freeze, so actually I thought we vote on a "virtual tarball"
so to speak.

Carsten