cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 07:43:26 GMT
Il giorno 28/lug/04, alle 04:02, Vadim Gritsenko ha scritto:

> Why stop half way and live with one more interpreter's penalty?
> Convert straight to Java - works faster and less memory consumption!
> And we are back on square one ;-P

Some reasons come to mind: Groovy gives you a much more concise syntax
than Java. Groovy has closures, which might be useful (maybe we could
implement a VPC as a closure? I don't know, it's just an idea that
crossed my mind now). Reloading a Groovy class might be easier than
reloading a Java class (or it might not).

The idea might be that you could:

1) Use your existing sitemaps for backward compatibility or just
because you like pointy brackets and have them transformed into Groovy
scripts.
2) Write Groovy sitemaps and have more features at your disposal (also
more freedom and consequential risks).
3) Have XML sitemaps mount Groovy sitemaps and vice-versa.
4) Embed Groovy scripts in an XML sitemap

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/