cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: JDK 1.3.1 compatibility for cvs-head
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:03:35 GMT
On 6 Jul 2004, at 17:27, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Joerg Heinicke dijo:
>>
>>> Yes, we decided to beware 1.3 compatibility as long as we need no
>>> feature of 1.4. The above issues don't make it necessary to switch
>>> to 1.4.
>>>

>> Each day is harder and harder to find the libs compiled for 1.3. I
>> found
>> my self being compiling a lot of jars before commiting an updated jar
>> in
>> Cocoon. And sometimes it is not posible at all. As a sample libs that
>> needs JDBC 3.0 support.
>>

> I suggest to wait for SVN migration, create 2.1.6 branch (and keep it
> on JDK 1.3), and switch to JDK 1.4 for 2.2.

+1 ...

We also have some features that we need to backport from 2.2 into 2.1,
given that 2.2 currently fails miserably on VNUNET.COM (tried it
yesterday night, there seems to be something odd locking up requests,
like a synchronization lock).

BTW, anyone knows of any good tool who can generate SHITLOADS of
requests simulating "real" traffic (maybe from a log file or something
like it).

	Pier