cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Is there a way to revert to the old "store"?
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:01:35 GMT
On 7 Jul 2004, at 18:46, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> Guys, I'm seeing some problems on 2.1.5 and 2.2 which don't happen on
>> 2.1.5-dev.
>> I am guessing that something is wrong with the new JCS-based store...
>> Is there a way to revert back without re-implementing the whole thing?
>
> We also had problems

Can you describe yours? I noticed weird lock-ups, like the machine was
not loaded, but at the same time it was processing requests _seriously_
slowly...

> ...switching to EHCache solved them.
> Did you try that one?

Howto? :-P I had to backport the DefaultPersistentStore and hack all
the way through...

It was definitely not nice not to have the DefaultPersistentStore java
source in the 2.1.5 source tarball, :-( :-(

In the future, can people be slightly more careful in removing stuff? I
don't care if you switch configurations from 2.1.4 to 2.1.5, but at
least leave the files in there, given that we are still including JISP
as a JAR...

(took me a day to get 2.1.5 working with the old cache)

	Pier