cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject How to take advantage of the cocoon environment in business logic objects?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:57:01 GMT

I have what is basically a work flow system, it has several components
that I would like to access from flowscript. The work flow is such that
it may take several days to complete but most flows will complete in a
matter of seconds. In these cases I would prefer not to have to access
the database twice for each update to the flow.  These components in
turn need other components that have access to several databases. It
would be nice also if they could use the a SourceResolver as well. My
thinking was to integrate these components into cocoon using by using
coccoon.xconf and declaring them as components there.

After thinking about this overnight, I'm not sure this is the right way
to do this (especially since when I look up my components I get a Proxy
instance :-O ). On the other hand, I would like to be able to take
advantage of cocoons pooling and environment.

So my question is what is the best way to take advantage of the cocoon
environment in business logic objects. Should they be cocoon
components? Or should they just receive the pieces they need from the
flowscript that invokes their methods?

Please forgive the thinking out loud, but I seem to be battling with
myself over this issue. I see many ways to go and am just curious what
others more experienced with cocoon would do.

Thanks for your patience and time.

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen@hard-bop.com