cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tu...@vuw.ac.nz>
Subject RE: [RT] A Groovy Kind of Sitemap
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 05:48:33 GMT
Stefano wrote:
> The XML syntax makes sense only when you want to process the sitemap
> iteself via pipeline (for example, to generate an SVG poster
> of it via XSLT)
>
> And makes sense if you want to prevent people from adding scripting
> inside the pipelines (well, actions are kinda like scripting
> aren't they)

It's also potentially useful for validation.

Another thing I like about XML sitemaps is that you can load them in a
browser and use + and - buttons to reveal only the sections you want.

The fact that XML is a common syntax means that there will always be new
things you can with it.

Personally, I like it as XML. :-)