cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <>
Subject Re: The Butterfly Manifesto (was Re: [RT] Spring+JMX == Real Blocks?)
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:31:10 GMT
Il giorno 22/lug/04, alle 03:10, peter royal ha scritto:

> have you considered picocontainer at all? i would *LOVE* to see the
> core shuffled about. i want to be able to nest the containment of
> cocoon's core objects in order to share them between multiple cocoon
> instances, and being built upon an open container platform helps that
> a lot.

To be honest, I chose Spring because I use it all day in my job, the
reason being that I have been using Hibernate for some time and Spring
has *awesome* integration with Hibernate. But if you look at the code I
wrote, the only dependencies on Spring are in the test classes and that
is just because it takes less code to have collaborators injected by
Spring before testing a bean than it is to inject them by hand. As of
now, I think you can deploy them in picocontainer without changing a
single line of code (assuming you are ready to do setter-based
injection as opposed to constructor-based).

> Really, I'm +1 on pushing the platform forward, whichever direction it
> is.  Its the progress that's important :)
> -pete

Ugo Cei -

View raw message