cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject More Spring marketing
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:48:53 GMT
http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org/
msg15030.html

I link to this not because of the fact that the author gives such a
bright picture of Spring, but because of this sentence:

"I think it would be unfair to us (Jetspeed developers) to give all the
credit to Spring for the ease of transition. We all have done a
tremendous job writing well-designed components that are portable and
that demonstrate low-coupling along with high re-useability. This just
goes to reaffirm that Jetspeed 2 is moving in the right direction in
terms of design and architecture. Kudos to us all ;)"

My aim, when proposing Butterfly, is to move towards an architecture
that is so loosely coupled and portable that it would be equally easy
to port Cocoon from {insert random container here} to {insert different
random container here} as it was for the Jetspeed folks.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/