cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Butterfly Manifesto (was Re: [RT] Spring+JMX == Real Blocks?)
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:32:34 GMT
Il giorno 22/lug/04, alle 12:20, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:

> Avalon is not the reason why people didn't write tests for cocoon.
> This is an open source project and a do-ocracy: if you think tests are
> important, write them and contribute them. We never said "no, go away
> with your stupid tests".

It's one of the reasons. Ever tried testing a component by extending
ExcaliburTestCase (which is deprecated, btw, but there doesn't seem to
be a replacement)? It takes much more time than it should. I'm sure
people would write more tests if testability were a prominent
characteristic of the framework.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/